Saturday, July 27, 2013

From the Beginning of Time


There have been theories since the beginning of time about how the world came to be and who people are or what they are meant to do. I find it hard to agree with any one philosopher's opinion on how the world came to be because, given the times that they lived in, each of their reasoning methods makes sense. I am going to attempt to answer in my own words how the world came to be and who I believe that I am, but there are a multitude of other answers that could be given to both of these questions because everyone has their own opinion about these things and there is no right or wrong.
            To begin with, my name is Samantha Peak, and I have lived in Evansville, Indiana my entire life. I am very focused on school and maintaining good grades, but I love to spend time with my friends when I have the chance. When I am around my friends, I can be outgoing, but if I am placed in a situation that I've never experienced before, I tend to become very introverted. Normally, I try to be understanding and treat everyone with the same respect that I would like to be treated with. These qualities make me who I am, even though sometimes I think it would be better if I could change some of them.
            It is very difficult to try and sum up all of who I am, or who anyone is, with words. A person is more than just a description because everything that they do adds to their character and a few hundred, or even a thousand, words will never be able to catch up with everything that a person is doing. I feel that I'm not exactly a whole person yet because I still have so many important decisions to make, such as what type of job I want or where I want to live after I move out, that could totally alter how my life will turn out. A career in the medical field interests me greatly, but even that doesn't narrow down my options much. Choosing a college ties in to choosing a career path and where I want to live, and I haven't even made this decision yet. Considering all of this, I guess currently I believe that I am a flexible person that could turn out in a variety of different ways, but I hope that when I am done changing I will still be caring, understanding, and independent.
            Answering where the world is from is another thing entirely from simply trying to say who I am. I definitely believe that God created the world in the beginning, but this leads me to ask the question,"Where did God come from?" It seems unfathomable to me that anyone or anything could have simply always existed, but I also don't see how God could have just come to be one day. I guess this is a question that I can only partially answer as of right now, because I'm not entirely sure what I believe about how God came to be and I believe the world was created after God existed.

            Deciding who I am and where I believe the world comes from is very tricky. Currently, I do not think that I can completely answer either of these questions, but I hope that eventually I will gain enough understanding of the world to be able to answer them more thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment